Menu

Mouse removes pb w/out snapping trap. What to do?

If the mouse is very small and doesn't weight very much he might not be heavy enough to spring the trap part. I think. . .we (knock on wood) haven't had mice in a while and I think I remember DH saying that. . .I could be wrong though.

No advice except maybe a live trap. . .the mice go in, but they don't come out.

We had the same problem, but with only a rat! :eek: This guy would come at the trap from the side, not trip the device, and feast on the PB. DH had to get creative...he cut a hole in a box just big enough to fit the trap and placed the trap in it. Once the rat got inside, he had no choice but to approach the trap from the front, step on the spot that releases the snapper. We got him!

Good luck!

What we have done is, tie some yarn on the part that the bait goes, and tie the other end of the yarn onto the bar.

Put your peanut butter on as normal, making sure that the yarn there is covered. When the mouse or rat goes for the pb, he will pull the yarn and the rest is history.

Dear lady, You must put the peanut butter on the underside of the snap trap-lightly as well ,the trap will snap -o- rama and the rodent deceased immediately. I devised more methods for rodent trapping than Carters' has pills ,our home was built in 1865 and prior to our residence/law firm taking over the building it was empty for several months...you get the picture. Underside and very little peanut butter so it has to nibble far inside the mechanism and success will be yours. I hate mice. Use more than one trap and line those along the baseboard/wall with the pb bait facing outward. Good luck with your mouse extermination!!!If you need info on drowning the little buggers I have that down to a science as well. It is likely not healthy this interest of mine but if it is useful to anyone here oh well. Best wishes and be stingy with the pb you will emerge victorious! elizabeth