Menu

Brendan Dassey is getting a new trial

Moxie

I don't know. I prayed for Brendan and I'm sure a lot of other people did, too.

So, what if he hadn't gotten a new trial?? Jesus wants him to stay in jail? I'm serious.

• Like 1

So, what if he hadn't gotten a new trial?? Jesus wants him to stay in jail? I'm serious.

LOL, Moxie, do you really want to start a "Why does evil exist?" discussion here?  :)

Sorry, I am really not trying to make light of your question.

I have no way of knowing what Jesus wants to accomplish in individuals' lives, and when, and how. I know that He tells us to pray, and keep praying. I have seen truly miraculous answers and small everyday answers. Sometimes He doesn't answer the way I would like. That's okay. It's not up to me. "Whatever the Lord pleases, He does, in heaven and in earth."

There is much injustice in this world and there will be until Jesus returns. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy." I think God calls us to do something about injustice. In some situations all I can do is pray, so I do.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 6

I don't think we can say that. It's one thing to thank God for an injustice being remedied - He is the author of all good, after all. But it's another thing entirely to say that an unremedied injustice staying unremedied is God's will - because injustice is sin and is *never* God's will. Why does God allow injustice to persist for a time in this life? I don't know, but it's *not* because He wants injustice to persist. God is *not* the author of sin. Edited by forty-two
  • Like 1

LOL, Moxie, do you really want to start a "Why does evil exist?" discussion here? :)

Sorry, I am really not trying to make light of your question.

I have no way of knowing what Jesus wants to accomplish in individuals' lives, and when, and how. I know that He tells us to pray, and keep praying. I have seen truly miraculous answers and small everyday answers. Sometimes He doesn't answer the way I would like. That's okay. It's not up to me. "Whatever the Lord pleases, He does, in heaven and in earth."

There is much injustice in this world and there will be until Jesus returns. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy." I think God calls us to do something about injustice. In some situations all I can do is pray, so I do.

No, not really. We've been down that road before and I'm still unsatisfied.

Anyway, I'm glad he is getting a new trial. But, mostly I'm horrified at the inside peek we all got through the Netflix show. Horrified.

• Like 2

No, not really. We've been down that road before and I'm still unsatisfied.

Anyway, I'm glad he is getting a new trial. But, mostly I'm horrified at the inside peek we all got through the Netflix show. Horrified.

I'm sorry you're disgruntled and unsatisfied, but questions can be a good thing. 

I, too, was horrified by what I saw on the Netflix show. Unbelievable.  :mad:

Edited by MercyA

Just as his uncle did for 18 years when he was falsely imprisoned.

It's very obvious, I think, that evidence was planted. I also believe that other leads were ignored, and that the killer very well may still be out there. For those who are interested:

A Cold Case Expert Thinks 'Making A Murderer' May Be Tied To One Of The Most Prolific Serial Killers Ever--interesting theory.

Nice summary of four other potential suspects: http://onmilwaukee.com/movies/articles/makingamurdereralternativesuspects.html

Interesting interview with the makers of the documentary: https://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/making-a-murderer-burning-questions-answered?utm_term=.uuVLKPR3d#.coqmwR4MP

Juror says he only voted Avery guilty because he feared for his personal safety: http://www.nbcchicago.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/making-a-murderer-juror-says-avery-not-guilty-364234661.html

Possible evidence against Avery (some arguments are very weak, some not): http://onmilwaukee.com/movies/articles/evidenceagainstavery.html

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 2

Would Jesus have to *want* him to be in jail for Him to be able to see all possible outcomes and decide to allow him to stay in there?  What if staying in there allowed Dassey to enter into a relationship with Jesus?  God cares more about our spiritual health than our having comfy cozy lives.  He isn't NOT with one of His children because of their location which is important (to me!)..  Btw, many understand God's will to fall into 2 categories:  His "perfect will" and His "permissive will".  His perfect will, IMO, is for all to be saved (among other spiritual good things). His permissive will can be for many of us to go through trials in order to get there or not.  So it's not as simple as saying He wants people to suffer.  He wants people to grow, be changed through a relationship with His Son and has many methods at His disposal--as Creator and all, lol--in order to achieve His means.

• Like 1