Menu

Just hosted 60+ people

Josh Blade

My wife volunteered our house for a thank you party to her Sunday school teachers who are retiring. She only invited people in her bible study group, but they pretty much all ended up coming and all have 2-4 kids. It was a lot of work, but we had a blast. I smoked 40 lbs of pork shoulder for pulled pork and made a ton of bbq sauce and my wife made a humongous cake. Everyone else brought chairs, tents for shade, drinks, plates, sides, and we all had a great time hanging out and swimming (we had about 20 kids in our pool at one point). My daughter had a great time having so many of friends over too. It was a lot of work, but worth it for the good times and good food. 

• Like 8

I'm sure Your guests felt the same way!

We love crowds but had our largest this week for our son's 13th birthday. 50 people came. No gifts. It was all about a special time together. It was really special for him to have his local loved ones all together. I did pulled pork (sandwiches) too (although not smoked, that sounds amazing), Pioneer Woman's best ever baked beans, coleslaw with apples, and lime cheesecake.

Edited by ifIonlyhadabrain