Menu

Derek Owens Physical Science - how much time?

Anyone use Derek Owens Physical Science online?  We are strongly leaning that way for this school year.  I am curious to hear how much time the class required assuming you stayed on the weekly schedule.  And really anything else anyone would like to share about their experience.  Aside from Lukeion Latin, dd is pretty new to online classes.

My son did this course last year with the flash drive version. It has been his favorite class ever. It took varying amounts of time ranging between 30-60 minutes. Some days had more to do than others. The format was a video lecture with the student filling in provided notes, occasional short homework assignments, and tests at the end of chapters, semester and final exams. Occasional labs, too, but I don't think they were shown online-not sure.

My son can't wait to take his next class with Derek Owens.

My son did this course last year with the flash drive version. It has been his favorite class ever. It took varying amounts of time ranging between 30-60 minutes. Some days had more to do than others. The format was a video lecture with the student filling in provided notes, occasional short homework assignments, and tests at the end of chapters, semester and final exams. Occasional labs, too, but I don't think they were shown online-not sure.

My son can't wait to take his next class with Derek Owens.

30-60 minutes, 5 days a week?

Thanks!!!  My dd is excited to try this as I have been a huge flop at teaching science myself....despite the fact that I teach engineering classes for a living....