Menu

Tales2Go

nature girl

Heads up to what looks like a really good deal...Has anyone used this listening library? Their book selection looks good (6,000 books, most of which seem like good choices) and with the group buy you get unlimited access to all their books for one device, for only $10.60 for a year. (Exponentially cheaper than Audible, the only difference is that you don't get to own the books.)

http://homeschoolgroupbuys.com/tales2go-group-membership/

• Like 3

I'm not sure if you can, unfortunately. I think it preloads the first few minutes (so may work for shorter books?) but not the whole book.

I signed up for the free trial, and we're now listening to Pippi Longstocking on my iPad. It's working fine, my only issue is that it's hard to really browse through books. You can search for specific books to see if they have them, but if you're browsing they just lump them all together by age alphabetically, so you have to scroll through looking for anything interesting. I'd love it if they could at least group by fiction/non-fiction/song, ideally let you search on a topic and hit books that don't necessarily have that topic in the title. (There may be a way, I haven't fooled around with it much, but it wasn't immediately obvious.)

• Like 2

Is there a way to "favorite" books? So I could mark some books for DD to listen to? And the app says 1 account on up to 5 devices (not at the same time obviously LOL), but wondering if anyone has tried installing it onto a couple devices and switching which one you use.

DD has a tablet she could listen to it on at home, but if we are out, I'd have to use my phone with data on it iykwim. I don't want my phone being used for this at home.

Is there a way to "favorite" books? So I could mark some books for DD to listen to? And the app says 1 account on up to 5 devices (not at the same time obviously LOL), but wondering if anyone has tried installing it onto a couple devices and switching which one you use.

DD has a tablet she could listen to it on at home, but if we are out, I'd have to use my phone with data on it iykwim. I don't want my phone being used for this at home.

Yes, you can favorite books, also bookmark within a book if you want to stop and close the app between listenings.

We've actually played with this quite a bit over the past few days. I was wrong, they do allow you to search through various genres (including fantastic sets of fables, some folktales and a set of fairytales and myths that we're now working through.) We've found a new favorite storyteller, Diane Ferlatte, who is absolutely fabulous!! Can't listen to her without smiling. (There are a number of Jim Weiss readings as well.) Now that we've played with this, I'm considering actually paying monthly till the deal starts in November. We really are enjoying it!

• Like 2

I've gotten something from them (I actually signed up for something, was told it wasn't available, and a month or two later she sent me the item anyway for free because she said they had extras.) SweatPea (and probably others) have also used them for a Prodigy group buy they did last year. They have a FB page, if you want to check them out. But yes, they're legit!