Menu

Which iphone to go with after 5??

Prairie~Phlox

I have a 6+ and while I do LOVE it, I have heard that 7 isn't much of an upgrade from it. So DH (who has the 6) says we should wait a year for the major overhaul next year with the 8.

So it really is just a matter of what you want. For me I like to use a phone that is the latest and greatest for a few years, then upgrade to the next big thing for a few years. If that doesn't matter to you, or you feel you need a larger screen, then I would get what feels right to you now. 

If I had a 5, I would wait for the 8.  I had a 4S and got the 6S for the bigger screen and because my 4S was failing.  

But I much preferred the 4S form factor (edges not so rounded) except the size of the screen.  The 5 has the 4 form factor with a close-to-6S screen size.  I'd just stay there for now if I were you.  We'll see what the 8 brings.

I also got my phone from the Apple store because part of the price includes upgrading at a very low cost and a good replacement policy for lost or damaged phones.  It was better than AT&T's and only $2 more per month.  When they come out with the 7, I just go in and trade up, and probably pay $5 more per month for awhile.  Or something like that.  If you really want to upgrade, you might check out that program.  

DH, youngest DS and I each have a 5s. We're thinking about getting each of us a 6 if they go on sale prior to the 7 coming out. Oldest DS has the 6 and we all like it. We'll have to see what kind of deals are offered. Other than our batteries not performing quite as well as they used to our phones still work just fine. So it's not like we have to upgrade.