Menu

Dropped my son off today

Danestress

At the US Military Academy.

It could not have been a more beautiful day at Westpoint - - warm, breezy, golden-lighted loveliness.

It was also a bittersweet day - a mix of pride/fear/sorrow/joy. I held it together. I did go to the rest room after our 60 second goodbye, and I went for the usual reasons but was not surprised to walk in to find about 20 weeping mothers.

• Like 18

It could not have been a more beautiful day at Westpoint - - warm, breezy, golden-lighted loveliness.

It was also a bittersweet day - a mix of pride/fear/sorrow/joy. I held it together. I did go to the rest room after our 60 second goodbye, and I went for the usual reasons but was not surprised to walk in to find about 20 weeping mothers.

Aww.  I'm sorry. 

I was reading the drop off schedule for the ROTC program ds is doing.  I found that I got teary eyed just looking at that schedule and knowing that after that afternoon I wouldn't see him until Christmas.

You assuredly have a great kid, and you must have done a great job with homeschooling him.  Time for him to soar.

You have 60 seconds to move out... Ouch. BCT will fly by. Hugs to you. I-Day is coming up soon at Navy. And then think--Army/Navy will be here soon and there will be all those great spirit spots to look forward to!

Margaret, I still remember you encouraging and calming me early in this process. Thank you! It was very hard to have those 60 seconds (60!) but also a relief to see him March off and know we had checked all the boxes and it was accomplished!

• Like 1