Menu

Life Launch

liber

So a homeschooling organization in my area is offering this for the teen portion of the annual conference.  It is a dvd series.

Here are some of the speakers.  I know who the first and last ones are.  Haven't heard of the others.

• Faculty of seven leading businessmen, mentors and education experts (Kevin Swanson, Gary Powers, Woody Robertson, Steve Riddell, Dave Tucker, Erik Weir and Geoffrey Botkin).

Geoffrey Botkin was associated with Vision Forum.

That's the guy with the perfect daughters held up as the epitome of patriarchal output. That whole circle seems to attract the same kind of Bill Gothard clan with the legalism. I would be highly skeptical. Woody Robertson was at our conference last year. I think his main claim to fame is having been homeschooled and trying to sell parents on College Plus. This is a VERY conservative, insular group of speakers you've listed.

If you google Geoffrey Bodkin and Homeschoolers Anonymous you will probably find more info than you ever wanted to know. I think Libby Anne over on Patheos has also blogged about him and some of his talks. I actually heard about him prior to The Dougs (as I like to call them) when our homeschool conference introduced me to the big exciting world of patriarchy.

I was disappointed but not surprised when I saw this.  I know some people involved with the homeschool organization and they are dominionists/NAR.  Obviously leadership approved this.  It is getting harder and harder each year to justify going to the hs conference.