Menu

Thinkwell AP American Government

We used this more as a supplement for AP Gov. There are 3 different instructors. My son liked the lectures - they are pretty short and he felt they were helpful, connected some of the topics to more contemporary issues,  and fairly balanced politically. They have short quizzes afterward. However, my son prefers learning from a book primarily so couldn't really say if this would work as a standalone or not. Keep an eye out for Thinkwell discounts from Homeschool Buyers Coop if you're interested.

Just noticed, you're not thinking about this for AP but just HS Gov't. I think it would work fine for that with a little supplemental reading.

Edited by 3andme
  • Like 1

Wondering what book did u use and did he like it for your gov't? I toyed with the Thinkwell and idiots guide to gov't or an all u need to know to pass the AP gov't guide. Two different approaches maybe to mix it up.

Teacher at kid's school is toying with the idea of mainly using Barron's AP guide for this course.