Menu

What I do need for Lial's Algebra?

I cannot figure out which Lial's Algebra I books I need (ISBN numbers would be great).  I need the student book and would like an answer key (or solution's manual) for each problem.  I am confident in my ability to solve the problems, but I need something that allows me to easily check my daughter's work.

Thank you!

You need a student text and solutions manual of the same edition for Introductory Algebra. Which edition does not matter. Just make sure the image on the covers match.

It is my understanding that the solution's manual only has the solutions for odd numbers problems.  Is that correct?  If so, what has the answers for the even numbered problems?

If you want solutions to the even problems you need to get the instructor solution manual.

Thank you.  I cannot find a single used copy of the instructor solution manual.  Do you know if the teacher's manual/edition has the answers?

Are the odd problems really enough?

Edited by kagmypts

Thank you.  I cannot find a single used copy of the instructor solution manual.  Do you know if the teacher's manual/edition has the answers?

Are the odd problems really enough?

I prefer the solution manual because it has fully worked solutions rather than just answers.  Is there actually a teacher's edition?  Most of the time, texts intended for college students don't have them.

The odd problems are usually enough, but sometimes it's nice to be able to give a second set (or more often, a partial set).

Many of the Lial's books have enormous problem sets. I had my daughter do a sampling of problems as opposed to all or half of the problems. Working every fourth problem is also a possibility you might consider. For every problem that my daughter missed, I asked her to correct it and then do an additional similar problem.

Regards,
Kareni