Menu

Dr. Hive, what do I have?

TianXiaXueXiao

I have been sick since last Sunday. It started with a sore throat, laryngitis, and a headache. On Monday Aunt Flo arrived and with her came a crazy hormone headache on top of the other sickness symptoms. Then it morphed into an incredibly painful tmj flair that has lasted all week. It is miserable. Instead of recovering, I'm getting worse with each day. My sinuses are congested and it has migrated to my chest. My throat feels like I have a golf ball for a right tonsil and it looks it as well. Today, I'm in agony and the pain has spread down my back and into my hips and legs. I cannot turn at the waist without excruciating back pain and I can hardly walk. My muscles are literally spasming from head to toe. My voice is still thin and raspy and every swallow is ridiculously painful. I went to my doctor today and he said the usual, "call me if you're not better in 3 days." I don't have a fever and strep test was negative. It feels like my whole spinal cord is lit up with inflammation. I had this happen to a lesser extent about 3 months ago also with my period. Can this be related to my menstrual cycle? The pain in my throat is not the raw scratchy pain that comes with cold and flu; it's a dull, achy, and sore feeling like I pulled a throat muscle. Any ideas? I'm so miserable and cannot sleep. :(

I have been taking ibuprofen and today went to the maximum dosage of naproxen with no relief.

Edited by TianXiaXueXiao

can it be meningitis (viral)? I had that once after a normal cold and it made moving my neck or spine really difficult and painful.

sinus problems always make my teeth and jaw hurt, so I can see how those are connected.

How did you find out it was viral meningitis?

The doctor had me look up and down and said it probably wasn't that since I could do it. It's side to side that I can't do.

How long did it take for you to recover?