Menu

Anyone else debilitated by back pain? Needing a friend who understands

Mosaicmind

Hey!!

It's been awhile since I've been on the boards for something other than trying to sell curriculum. I've become increasingly depressed because since moving here almost 4 years ago, I've been bedridden due to back pain and problems for over 2 of those years. I hadn't really gotten to know anyone or gotten connected with any other homeschoolers, which means I've literally had zero contact with anyone else except my husband and kids in almost 4 years. I know I probably sound like a Debbie downer but I'm really not like this normally, but several years stuck in bed unable to go anywhere except to my pain dr every other month and my surgeon every 3 months can do that to a person.

So, I'm taking a positive step to try and get myself out of this depression and hopefully make some new friends. I was wondering if there are any others dealing with bad back pain. I'm sure it would help if I could talk to others who are dealing with the same debilitating pain I am. I'm doing my best to homeschool my boys from bed while dealing with pain 24/7. Despite taking 2 narcotic pain meds I'm still in quite a bit of pain and in the 11 years that I've been dealing with this I've tried it all.

If you know how I'm feeling maybe we can encourage each other.

Hey!!

It's been awhile since I've been on the boards for something other than trying to sell curriculum. I've become increasingly depressed because since moving here almost 4 years ago, I've been bedridden due to back pain and problems for over 2 of those years. I hadn't really gotten to know anyone or gotten connected with any other homeschoolers, which means I've literally had zero contact with anyone else except my husband and kids in almost 4 years. I know I probably sound like a Debbie downer but I'm really not like this normally, but several years stuck in bed unable to go anywhere except to my pain dr every other month and my surgeon every 3 months can do that to a person.

So, I'm taking a positive step to try and get myself out of this depression and hopefully make some new friends. I was wondering if there are any others dealing with bad back pain. I'm sure it would help if I could talk to others who are dealing with the same debilitating pain I am. I'm doing my best to homeschool my boys from bed while dealing with pain 24/7. Despite taking 2 narcotic pain meds I'm still in quite a bit of pain and in the 11 years that I've been dealing with this I've tried it all.

If you know how I'm feeling maybe we can encourage each other.

Wow, I am so sorry!  I pray you find your answers, and I'll be your friend.  I've never dealt with anything nearly like what you mention, but I once hurt my back so badly (just by sliding backward in a chair!) I had to sleep standing up, leaning over on blanket piles, because I could not lie down or sit down.  But it was only a few days.

I pray your healing comes quickly.  Is there any surgery or chiropractic thing you could try? 

My Stepson is 31.  Last November, he had surgery to repair a Herniated Disk. It was leaking. Normally, surgery isn't required for that issue, but in his case, it was. I wonder if you might possibly have that problem?  His recovery, after the surgery, was remarkable.  GL and don't give up on trying to find the cause of the problem and a possible solution to the problem.  

That's awful!  Do you know if it's spine related?  My mother had severe back pain, and then got some cortisone shots in her spine.  Boy, did that make a difference!  She went from being able to do very little to getting her life back again.  But it really makes a difference to have some one who has done many, many of these and knows exactly what they're doing.  The first shot actually made her pain worse.  She almost gave up but then went down to Mayo to try it again, and it made all the difference.  She needed one more set after that, and that was over a year ago.  She hasn't needed another one since/yet.

Have you looked into that?