Menu

Yea!, finally I can make bread!

I see all you wonderful ladies making bread, and well although I can cook I was so very afraid of bread. I had the pizza dough and Artisan type down. But the sandwich looking kind and rolls for some reason scared me :). I finally searched and found a site with explicit directions ( I needed so badly) and pictures of each step (finally). I just spent the afternoon, making 3 loaves of farmhouse white bread. OMG......I don't think I will ever look at store bought bread the same again. I used organic white wheat, and the kids practically ate a whole loaf slathered with peanut butter. Even my husband loved it. Thanks for the push, now that my kitchen is covered in flour and I am making a list of all the breads I will try, just great:D

Good for you. I love baking bread, and it's intimidating at first, but really, you just need to keep practicing. I've got a really good potato bread recipe that makes an excellent sandwich bread.

Ohh , can I have your recipe it please :-) It is intimidating, the whole active yeast, air bubbles, cracking, proofing.... I am so happy I finally tried it.

Edited by Pongo

Yes...There is an unwritten rule that requires you to post any great recipes. I'm glad you're enjoying the fruits of your labor. Fall just makes me feel like baking for some reason.

OMGosh! I just remembered...I need to make enough pumpkin bread for dh's office...tomorrow. :001_huh: I better get busy.

I see all you wonderful ladies making bread, and well although I can cook I was so very afraid of bread. I had the pizza dough and Artisan type down. But the sandwich looking kind and rolls for some reason scared me :). I finally searched and found a site with explicit directions ( I needed so badly) and pictures of each step (finally). I just spent the afternoon, making 3 loaves of farmhouse white bread. OMG......I don't think I will ever look at store bought bread the same again. I used organic white wheat, and the kids practically ate a whole loaf slathered with peanut butter. Even my husband loved it. Thanks for the push, now that my kitchen is covered in flour and I am making a list of all the breads I will try, just great:D

Yes...There is an unwritten rule that requires you to post any great recipes. I'm glad you're enjoying the fruits of your labor. Fall just makes me feel like baking for some reason.

OMGosh! I just remembered...I need to make enough pumpkin bread for dh's office...tomorrow. :001_huh: I better get busy.

I think you broke the rule......:lol: Recipe please;).