Menu

Audible (Kindle) question

UCF612

Okay so the boys and I have been listening to the Gregor the Overlander series in the car. We've just finished the second to last book but our library doesn't carry the last one in audiobook! So...if I get the book on Audible for my Kindle Fire is it possible to listen to it through the speakers of our van (2008 Honda Odyssey)? We have an "aux" plug in spot. I've never attempted this. Does the book download onto the Kindle so we can listen to it without wifi or does it require wifi to play? I'm technologically challenged. Thanks! And please talk to me like 99 years old (I was going to say 5 but I think most 5 yos have a better handle on this stuff than me!).

Edited by UCF612

Get an Auxilary Cable. Plug into the kindle and the car. Turn the stereo to Aux. Press play on your audible book.

You don't need WIfi to play.

Yup, this. We have a 2006 and we put a cable that goes from the RCA jacks in the back of the car (why are they there? I have no idea) and goes all the way to the front and ends with a headphones jack that I just put in my phone or whatever else I'm trying to play. Its easy peasy. 

I download books from audible.com to my iPhone to listen to through Aux in my car all the time. Just make sure you complete the download while in range of wifi and you are good to go.

Also the cable needs to be firmly seated in the device. If you get audio out of the device speakers instead of the car, check the cord.

You need the audible app in the Fire, and to be logged on there. Make sure the book you want to listen to is on Device and not just in Cloud

Edited by vonfirmath