Menu

Anyone use Basics of Biblical Greek?

Curious to see if this is enough for one year of Greek looking at HS credits?  Where would you go after completing this?  Curious looking at options and my son wanted to take 2 yrs. of Greek after his LONG study of Latin!  Or if you have any other ideas, he would be doing it on his own self study.

Thanks everyone!

Are you referring to the books by Mounce? I know there is a thread out there from a couple of years ago discussing the best Greek curriculum. I bought a copy of some of the Mounce at that time, sadly we never had time to use it. I think Mounce could be more than a year. I gave credit for all three Elementary Greek books in one year.

I just did a forum search using Mounce as the key word. There are several threads starting in 2012.

Edited by mumto2

Are you referring to the books by Mounce? I know there is a thread out there from a couple of years ago discussing the best Greek curriculum. I bought a copy of some of the Mounce at that time, sadly we never had time to use it. I think Mounce could be more than a year. I gave credit for all three Elementary Greek books in one year.

I just did a forum search using Mounce as the key word. There are several threads starting in 2012.

Yes, that is the one!  Thinks I'll try that!

I'm using it myself. There's definitely a year there, maybe more. It starts out fluffy and gets heavy fast. I regret not doing something like the Greek Alphabet Code Cracker to familiarize myself with the alphabet better because it was quite the hang up for me for a while. I have the full set with the lectures and use the website. I also try to read and translate a NT verse everyday. Excellent practice. Mounce did make a graded reader which I don't own and there are also some audio resources available. There is a pre-made Anki deck which has been awesome for me. I want the TGC Ancient Greek Course which is so pretty but honestly unnecessary. But pretty. I think this would make an excellent second year.