Menu

Secular History Curriculum

I'm narrowing down history options for next year and am now looking at world history curricula for my soon-to-be ninth grader.

We've already done five years of the history cycle and will finish HO Modern History II soon. For next year, I'm looking for a program that will sum it all up and give as thorough a review of the whole timeline as is possible in a one-year program.

I do want to stay away from programs with an overt religious component to them. But I also don't want anything that's negative toward religion either.

So I'm wondering if there are any secular resources out there at fit those criteria. For instance, I'm looking at Holt World History Patterns of Interaction at the moment. Anyone ever use it? Is there something else you used that you'd recommend? Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm checking out both of those right now. Thank you all! Regentrude, it looks like World History: A Human Odyssey (Spielvogel) is simply a textbook, not a curriculum with lesson plans, questions, tests, etc. Is that how you used it? Did you create your own lesson plans, etc.?