Menu

ANKI cards for Latin for Children?

Did you make ANKI cards for CAP's Latin for Children?   If so, what did they look up and how did you set them up?   Basic translations?  The "chants", etc.?

We use ANKI for any subject that involves memorizing.   We love it.   We've used it with SSL, but I'm looking at the samples of LfC and I'm not sure how I would input ANKI cards for the various chants.   

What are ANKI cards?

A smart memory flashcard app. I have a set someone else designed for my Greek curriculum and I'm starting one for John soon. You view them more or less frequently based on how well you remember. They're great. And free. ;)

We use Quizlet for Latin vocab. All the sets for CAP curricula are already made.  :hurray:

For the forms (declining nouns or conjugating verbs), I think reciting/chanting is the best. I haven't tried to do that with Quizlet. She just uses the CDs or recites while someone else follows along to correct any mistakes. 

• Like 1

We did not actually use LFC, but I bought LFC-A and made Anki cards for it before realizing it wasn't the right program for us.

I think all the cards I made for LFC are vocab cards, though I also have a separate Latin Grammar deck that I started later and add to periodically. The order of items in it does not necessarily follow LFC-A, and there may be some grammar in LFC-A that I haven't entered yet (I can't remember the scope and sequence of LFC grammar) but I'm happy to share what I have with you if you PM me your email address :001_smile:

• Like 1