Menu

Church history course?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm blending the History Lives church history series into DD's European history this year. Its very accessible for the ages in your signature.

If you like notebooking the Bible Road Trip author has a new-ish series called Cobblestone Path Church History. I haven't used it, but it looks nice.

I was going to suggest the Cobblestone Church History.  I got the one in the Build Your Bundle sale and have started using it for me.  She has  a 70 page sample from the Reformation Age package you can download and see if it will work with your child.  You will need a church history overview book (at least one) with it.  I am using _Church History in Plain Language_ by Bruce Shelley because I already had it on my shelves (earlier edition) but she recommends others as well.

If at some point down the road, you are looking for something suitable for high school (or teacher self-study), this might fit the bill:

Survey of Church History

http://christianuniversity.org/courses/survey-of-church-history/

Church History to the Reformation

http://christianuniversity.org/courses/church-history-to-the-reformation/

Church History Since the Reformation

http://christianuniversity.org/courses/church-history-since-the-reformation/

I took these last two courses as correspondence/independent study courses, many years ago while in school. Both were well-worth the time invested. I was thrilled to find them for free! I can't wait to begin these with my own kids, perhaps in a few years. The survey course would get you through an overview in less time than the bulkier courses. HTH.

Edited by Sahamamama

We have The Church in History by B.K. Kuiper.  I'm not sure what grade level it is but we plan on using it this coming year as it looks easy enough to understand at dd age.  It is used in a local Seminary, which is how I found out about the book and I think it is used all over in Bible colleges and Christian schools.  We have the edition with the angels on the cover - not sure if there a difference in editions but that is the one the Seminary students get.

• Like 1

We used these books, which were then scheduled in the WinterPromise Quest for R & R program:

The 100 Most Important Events in Christian History by A. Kenneth Curtis

Christian History Made Easy: 13 Weeks to a Better Understanding of Church History

and added the History Lives series by Mindy & Brandon Winthrow