Menu

Memoria Press K

Smiles

I have a quick question I was wondering can I just get the kindergarten enrichment guide and the craft book or would that not work. I don't think I want the whole program. I have MFW Kindergarten and also 1st from my boys going through it, but I want to change things up a little. I just really want it to be a fun year for my dd. This will probably be the last time I do k. I already have a Sonlight P 4/5 too! Just wondering if I can get the enrichment guide and what else would I need to go with it? Thanks.

I love love the Enrichment book! Definitely go ahead and get it. We are using them as stand alone's as well. Just an FYI the craft book is very very simple and not very interesting. The first couple we did were fine and got done but we haven't bothered in a while. The Enrichment is excellent but it does follow a school calendar so you might consider starting it in the fall as it will go through the holidays every few weeks. It has a book of the week with questions, most I was able to get at the library, and there is often a theme to tie in with the rest of the week's selections. It will have an artist of the week with a short paragraph so you might consider adding in their art cards to have each week. I usually add in books on the artist from the library and there are great picture books for some of them. There is a music selection and again I try to add in some books on the musicians. The Classic Kids music CDs with stories are really great. My DS wouldn't really like the selection but will have those CDs constantly on rotation at night while he's going to bed instead of one of his audio books.

http://smile.amazon.com/Beethoven-Lives-Upstairs-CLASSICAL-KIDS/dp/B00000212L/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1460245659&sr=8-3&keywords=Classical+kids

MP has a playlist of these on Spotify which is free and the videos on You Tube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vAZbMjuM3dI&list=PLZcGLncw7XFDZFV5iUNeASAhi3WI8ZiUT

There is often other books recommended on the theme or extra science topics as well which are easy to get at the library, often the science ones aren't available at ours but it's easy to add in another book on the topic. There are also poem selections as well which are usually A Child's Book of Poems or Animals, Animals (I'm not a fan of the latter so I just reserve at the library). Very occasionally, like 3 times so far and we are almost done a writing exercise is listed which could be done in any notebook or you can buy their composition book. I think it's been fun and informative and a lot of extras got done that I'm sure would not have here, like classical music and art. I think you'll both really enjoy it.

Edited by ExcitedMama
  • Like 2

I agree with the previous posts about the enrichment guide.  We have really enjoyed it.  We didn't buy the whole program either.  My daughter goes to a tutorial one day a week so we follow their curriculum.  I just added MP for enrichment.  We have also really loved the craft book.  The crafts are cute and doable.  They have been a favorite this year for my daughter.

Suzanne