Menu

Questions about Quickbooks

i've used Quickbooks (mac) for years but my business is VERY small so i've just muddled around with it to get it to do what i need. i'm sure there are forums and tutorials but if you really want to learn a program quickly, a number of folks i know use lynda.com. here is their link for Quickbooks. $25 gets you 1 month access to any of the programs they offer. you could do a crash course for QB and a few other things in a month. i haven't looked at anything more than sample tutorials though i have been trying to get ds 15 to do a the PowerPoint course. he's in public school this year and i guess i missed the memo where kids are expected to learn PP in middle school.

btw, lynda.com makes some lessons available for demo. it's a good way to see if how they teach works for you.

I have used QB for years and I am currently using the Enterprise version (much more involved than the regular.) IT works very well for certain things and not for others. We have another program we use for our counter sales and contracts because their isn't a good product rental module yet.

I use Quickbooks for the company that I work for. Is there a specific question that you have or are you just looking for general information?

I work for a small specialty toy store that has three locations. We are able to keep all three companies on two disks. It works very well for us. We do mostly payables but we do have a few receivables. Month-end goes very smoothly and the latest version is very user-friendly. There is a Quickbooks for Dummies book also.

If it were up to me to decide between this or Peachtree, I would definately choose this one hands down for any small business.