Menu

Cell phones and social occasions: WWYD?

J-rap

I can't imagine correcting an adult, even in a playful way. But I am very non-confrontational, so doing so would be harder for me than just dealing with the behavior. I have one friend who pays a lot of attention to her phone when we are together. It does often pass over into what I feel is rude. She'll be texting back and forth with someone in the middle of our conversation. Or she'll take a call (which is fine), but stay on the call for ten minutes when it's just chatter. It is sometimes frustrating, but I don't think I'd ever say anything. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ds and I went to iHop a few weeks ago for a late breakfast. As we were looking around the restaurant we realized we were the only ones not looking at a phone! My sister is notorious for always being on her phone or her daughter's phone micromanaging her social media. It drives my son and I crazy! She will interrupt while they are playing a game to tell her daughter who left comments on pictures, who posted a new photo, etc. We went out for lunch together yesterday and she was on her phone constantly. In conversation ds mentioned how rude people are being on their phones while with other people, and she was agreeing while texting, lol.