Menu

MUS - Does anyone combine this with something else?

Tanya in KS

I have a son who is using MUS. He is doing so much better in it than he did in Saxon. He just wasn't grasping fractions or decimals through Saxon. He has gone through episolon and very soon we will start zeta.

Should I combine the Saxon & MUS? If you do this approach, please pass on your wisdom of how you exactly combine the two courses.

Also, if you combine MUS with Singagpore. I would LOVE to see that also. I have a daughter working in Singapre and am considering adding MUS, the explanation is so much better.

Thanks in advance

MUS + Singapore + Keys To... workbooks here. We always finish the MUS level about 8 weeks before the end of the schoolyear, and then use Singapore. We just review the teacher manual and I have him do selected problems from that, since th TMs were left over from older student. We also do a page a day out of "Keys to..." workbooks at the same time as MUS. Math never takes him more than 40 minutes, and he's a math struggler.

PS -- This year we're combining MUS Algebra and Jacobs Algebra. Jacobs is the "spine", and once we do a few lessons in it, we then spend a day or two doing the MUS lesson(s) that match up with the Jacobs. Algebra will probably take us about 1-1/2 years this way, but that way our math struggler will be really solid with it! : )