Menu

Extreme makeover home edition....

Did anyone watch this last night? The father on there - Daniel Gilyeat- was a friend of my husbands when they served together. They had their picture taken together at the Marine Corp birthday party. They had lost touch as the years went by so imagine our surprise when we saw him last night. We are very sad :( angry :mad: at what had happened to him, but also very happy at how it turned out. Thats all just wanted to share that! :D

Guest Virginia Dawn

Could you tell me what happened to the children's mother? There was no mention of her that I could tell. No elaborate explanation necessary, just a simple reason for her apparent non-existence.

It really got to me that he so calmly discussed placing an extra dog tag in his boot or tatooing personal information on a soldier's torso--just in case they needed to be identified. I can't imagine living in that kind of daily thought process.

He had a remarkable attitude. He deserved every one of the wonderful things they did for his family.

It was such a great episode to watch with my dc. I think the soldier's ability to compare our society to that in Iraq's was more convincing than anything I could have read or shared with my kids. We don't know any soldiers in active duty personally, so this was really great for our family to see such a brave soldier. I just love that show.