Menu

Last day for Prodigy Math Group Buy

sweetpea3829

Homeschoolgroupbuys.com is sponsoring a group buy for premium membership. $12 per player for the year. The game is still free and is terrific as a freemium, but the membership gives the players more in-game options. Mine earned a free month recently and you would have thought I'd told them we were going to Disney.

Today is the last day for this group buy.

If you have any questions about Prodigy, I'll be happy to answer! Any questions about the group buy, direct them to the owner of the website linked, lol.

And if you'd like to register and try Prodigy for free first, you can click the link in my siggie (it is a referral link...we earn free premium memberships by sharing).

http://homeschoolgroupbuys.com/prodigy-math-game-group-buy/

It is a great math program. My kids love it.

• Like 2

I signed up for this because my kids tried the free version and were frustrated that they couldn't do all the things that members can, and $12 for the year is a good price.  When I create an assignment how do I assign it to a specific student?  I don't see that option and would like to make specific assignments for my 5th grader to complete and leave things pretty open for the second grader.  I already set them to the grade levels I wanted them at.

I signed up for this because my kids tried the free version and were frustrated that they couldn't do all the things that members can, and $12 for the year is a good price. When I create an assignment how do I assign it to a specific student? I don't see that option and would like to make specific assignments for my 5th grader to complete and leave things pretty open for the second grader. I already set them to the grade levels I wanted them at.

When you go into the assignment feature, click on a specific assignment. The description of the assignment will populate to the left of your screen.

From there, you can select certain parameters such as date range, student, number of problems, etc. The custom options appear when you click on the tab that says "Customize Assignment".

Also, if you would like, you can allow Prodigy to assess your student and then they will place them in a grade, adjusting as needed. I use the curriculum override for one of my boys because it placed him a little too high and he doesn't have the patience to get a lot of wrong answers in order to allow the game to readjust his grade level.

Either way, any assignments that you give will take precedence over the curriculum itself. When those assignments have been met, the game goes back to the curriculum.

• Like 1

Just purchased for one student.

Question:

My son wants me to play with him. Can I add another student (myself) on my account and play online at the same time as him? Or would I need a separate account?

Yes, you can add another student!  I've heard of classroom teachers creating their own wizard student profile and engaging their students in battle...which the kids love.