Menu

Required Testing question NYS 12th grader

My senior took the SAT this past fall.  NYS requires a standardized test every year during high school.  Do you think this could count toward it?  I think it's silly to have to order another test for him when he is already accepted and making plans for college.  In fact he's also taking a CLEP test in a few weeks and they are expensive.

I may have to call the superintendent to ask, but I though I would first ask here to see what others have done.

Thanks,

Michelle

The SAT is actually not on the "approved list", but our district accepts it anyways (I doubt they ever consult the list). But since you are not required to report after age 16, it's sort of a moot point about what test to accept for a 12 th grader.

Are you requesting a letter of completion from your super?

If so, then I guess I'd ask them if they accept SAt scores for your yearly testing. One local district only writes completion letters for kids with all paperwork in for the 4 years plus a certain SAT score cut off ( ridiculous, but since the regs don't require they write completion letters, they can ask for whatever they want).

• Like 1

If you are  looking for a letter of completion from the Superintendent then you do need to submit a standardized test for 12th grade.  As you said, you need to call the district and ask if they will accept that or if you need to do one of the ones off the list.  I know around here that some districts will take the SAT or ACT while others will not.

• Like 1