Menu

Looking for an iOS app that does...

3 ladybugs

Okay I guess it is now official that my in-laws are moving out here. They shift like sand!

Anyway, I have lived here for the better part of 15 years and they visit for a week once a year for the last 11 years. I thought it would be nice to create something for them that shows where all the Starbucks are (they are coming from Seattle), grocery stores, hospitals, churches, Barnes and Noble (they live in a library like we do), and other things like that. Then I thought I would also like to add the bus lines and train lines and then areas where I would not want them in as well as areas that I think they would like. They will be out here next month and I imagine I will be taking them around to different areas at that time, but I think a map can be helpful to them when they are looking from back at their home. 

I was going to do all of this on an old map that we have of the county. Then I thought that there may be an app for this that they could have on their devices. They only have Apple devices (iPhone and iPad). So does this exist, or should I use the book map that I have of the county?

I created a google map. I made pins of different colors---grocery stores were one color, favorite shops another, and so forth. I put potential house pins into a light green. I found the whole process very helpful. If you make it a shared google map (you can invite a specific individual), they will be able to edit and add pins.