Menu

Question about OSU German

Dd is making excellent grades and good progress in this program, having completed day 31's lesson (out of 150). So she had her weekly teleconference with the OSU tutor, and was told that she needs to pick up the pace to finish this course in a semester. It's my understanding that it's a year long course...am I correct? Dd could certainly complete it much more quickly but her course load this year combined with her musical theater involvement leaves her wanting to relax on German a bit and let it take most of the school year.

Is it a year long course? Do the tutors generally push the kids to complete it significantly sooner?

The tutor she talked with is flat out wrong. You can take as long as you want to finish the course or go as quickly as you like. Sometimes, at the beginning of the year, they have "new" tutors who are not yet aware of all the "different" types of students taking these courses. If still in doubt, email or talk with Sabine Lewis directly.

HTH!

Mary

Thanks for the quick responses. I knew she could go at her own pace but I was starting to worry that this was just a half year's credit. I'll mention it to Sabine Lewis because I'm sure she doesn't want her tutors to panic the students. Actually, dd spoke to Sabine Lewis for the first two conferences and they lasted 15 minutes. Then this newer one has done the past three conferences and sometimes they last 3 minutes. Sabine would ask dd if she had any questions and if she didn't, they'd go through some pronunciation drills and stuff. Now it's like if there's no questions, then there's nothing to talk about...end of call. Dd needs to be more assertive and ask to do more speaking...she needs work on those skills.

Thanks again!