Menu

Vent about my xh

It was "his weekend". He let the kids watch, with him and his wife.

Joshua. The psychological thrilller in which an evil child, whose mother told him "no one will ever love you" terrorizes his family, includes the child killing his g'ma and more than 10 f bombs.

I am, for this board, fairly media liberal.

But.come.on.

Letting early teen and below kids watch this? Abuse. Not the reportable kind, but abuse nonetheless. Unbelievable.

so sorry for you guys, my dad used to do stuff like that when we were kids, partly to make my mom mad and mostly I think because he loves those types of movies and way underestimated what we could handle. He read Salem's lot to me when I was 5. I had nightmares, I think he edited it some.

really sorry. My dad did this once and only once with my kids, he showed them Arachnaphobia - I think my oldest was 6 or 7 tops, she couldn't go to bed and was crying the next night... I finally called my Dad at 1 a.m. and told him to talk to his grand-daughter, I am sure he felt like a heel, which was my point. He realized he was in bigtime trouble and the next day over and above apologized. I'm sorry that you can't play tough love with your ex. It was realizing that we could and might shut down visiting that cured him.

It was "his weekend". He let the kids watch, with him and his wife.

Joshua. The psychological thrilller in which an evil child, whose mother told him "no one will ever love you" terrorizes his family, includes the child killing his g'ma and more than 10 f bombs.

I am, for this board, fairly media liberal.

But.come.on.

Letting early teen and below kids watch this? Abuse. Not the reportable kind, but abuse nonetheless. Unbelievable.

if talking about what was scary and how unrealistic this movie was, would help them. You could emphasize that it was filmed with lots of cameras and people around etc. When my son once saw something scary at a friend's house, I kept pointing out how it was all make believe. This seemed to help. Sorry you can't just cut off visits. Do you have any recourse with the courts when this kind of thing happens?