Menu

How should dc handle this?

klmama

Dc applied to transfer, but hasn't heard back yet.  Dc now needs to drop a course.  This will put a W on the transcript, and it will also require that dc either retake the course at the new university or change majors.  Dc is leaning toward changing majors at this point. 

So, the question is, does dc inform the transfer university now of the plan to drop the course and change majors?  Or does dc wait until after admission?  What do you think dc should do?

I'd wait until after admission UNLESS dc is applying to a specific program -- like a nursing program -- that has special requirements. If all she needs to do is change majors, not apply to a new program, I see no reason why the school would care.

And the final transcript will have the W on it. That's enough notification. The new school will most likely not care, but giving that info NOW may cause the school to look at the rest of the academic info more carefully. Giving it in May with the final transcript it will just be another ho-hum transcript.

:party:   We just found out on the university portal that dc was accepted!  The "official" letter hasn't come yet, but welcome info was there online.  Dc is excited after spending some time last night exploring website info on some major/minor options that hadn't been considered before; they seem like a much better fit for dc than the major dc had originally hoped to pursue.  Even better, this school has a strong reputation in these new fields, as well as good internships and job placement.  I'm a happy mama. 

• Like 2