Menu

Withstanding the Ungrateful Child with Poise

elmerRex

Do you ever have a long, a very long week of the childs not cooperating and not understanding? I had such a week.

On Saturday we began the topic of rates. These are the childs reactions:

Saturday: :eek: (Panic)

Sunday: :huh: (I don't get it)

Monday:  :confused1:  (I don't know)

Tuesday:  :glare: (I don't care)

Wednesday: :sad: (I don't like this)

Thursday:  :thumbdown:  (I don't want to do this. Its too hard)

Friday: After I have go over this 3x with you again, now Baba comes to say the exact same things that I said Sunday and magically you understand?! Because Baba is a good teacher.

I feel that it is hard to be the pleasant and calm teacher i want to be when my kid is making me feel :cursing:.

Maybe I will send this one to school.

• Like 3

Do you ever have a long, a very long week of the childs not cooperating and not understanding? I had such a week.

Monday:  :confused1:  (I don't know)

Tuesday:  :glare: (I don't care)

Thursday:  :thumbdown:  (I don't want to do this. Its too hard)

Friday: After I have go over this 3x with you again, now Baba comes to say the exact same things that I said Sunday and magically you understand?! Because Baba is a good teacher.

I feel that it is hard to be the pleasant and calm teacher i want to be when my kid is making me feel :cursing:.

I have to say I love the title of your post and it made me chuckle. 

I had a crying child today because IT'S SATURDAY and we did some school!  No amount of reminders that we missed days of work and cut short a lot of our school last week made a difference.  I think I got all your emoticons just today.  Eek!  But now it's over and he's fine and DH took him out to play. 

Sorry but I have no solutions.  I feel my DS needs a dose of reality. 

Maybe having different resources?  Like a Khan video or youtube clip explaining it instead of you? 

Edited by displace
  • Like 1

Yesterday I got every single one of those emoji's in a single 20 minute period. We were working on area of an ellipse. Oh, the drama. I showed her several times, we measured the radius of my giant yoga ball and then I sat on ball and we remeasured. I sang her an old preschool song : 'wobbly wobbly wircle--an elephant sat on my circle! 'She finally refused to try...

Daddy came home and she literally dragged him to the dry erase board to show him what 'she had figured out how to do!'

She proceeded to calculate the area flawlessly and even used proper terminology such as semi-major and semi-minor axes.

Okaaaay. My name is chopped liver:)

Edited by Kerileanne99
  • Like 1

Monday: :confused1: (I don't know)

Tuesday: :glare: (I don't care)

Thursday: :thumbdown: (I don't want to do this. Its too hard)

Impressive ordering of emoji!

As for the rest, the only thing that saves me is that there is no one else around for me to be compared to. Yet.

• Like 1