Menu

Pley Lego rental--opinions?

Karen A

I recently read a mommy blog about Pley.com, which is a monthly subscription for Lego sets.  I googled "Pley reviews" and there were not many, and were very mixed.

Have any of you gotten this for your children?  Thoughts?  We are most interested in the big sets that would keep a lego maniac busy for a day or two.  Is there a long wait time for these?  Is it like Paperback Swap, when the object gets shipped when it's available (and it could be month and months??)  We don't want to waste our money if we can't get the sets we'd like, in the general time frame that we'd want them in, which is summer.

Thanks for your input!

We did it when it first started so things may have changed.

We got the smaller packages hoping there would be less time to wait in between packages.  Nope, not really.  I think in the three months subscription we had, we got two sets for one kid and one set each for the other two.  They made lists of the ten sets they wanted.   We also got charged for an extra month even though we turned in everything by the deadline.  They gave me some excuse and I wasn't in the mood to fight it so I didn't.

• Like 1

There is no way in heck I would be able to be certain of keeping all the pieces from something like this separate from the legos we own. Separating them out and inventorying the pieces for return would be too time consuming to make it worthwhile.