Menu

Catechism Workbook

http://www.rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?subject=Bible/13&category=Westminster+Shorter+Catechism+for+Kids+Workbooks/9942

Does anyone know what ages the above workbooks are aimed for? We are doing catechism memorization with DD4 who is a beginning reader and beginning writer. I would love a craft/workbook/etc. for our catechism practice. 

I don't have any experience with that workbook, but I'll bump this for you.

Sound Words from Proverbial Homemaker is aimed at little kids. You might take a peek.

I saw that and considered buying it, but then thought I could do my own version of it if that's what we decided to do. I did buy the rest of the Questions with Answers series by Songs for Saplings.

I haven't done any workbooks but here is a link to some cute cd's that have all the questions and answers on it. This woman is a friend of mine and my kids love these cd's.

http://www.askmewhooo.com/home.html

Excellent resource! We only have the first of these so far, and it is well loved by all. The other two are on my wishlist.

Note that the text is from the Children's Catechism, though (aka Catechism for Young Children), not the WCF Shorter.

Edited by blondchen

I haven't done any workbooks but here is a link to some cute cd's that have all the questions and answers on it. This woman is a friend of mine and my kids love these cd's.

Thanks! I just bought a similar set by songs for saplings.

We might just do our own activities. Maybe abbreviated copy work and drawing pictures.

Excellent resource! We only have the first of these so far, and it is well loved by all. The other two are on my wishlist.

Note that the text is from the Children's Catechism, though (aka Catechism for Young Children), not the WCF Shorter.

Thanks for mentioning that. I forgot to add that!

We love these, but they are the First Catechism, a children's catechism published by Great Commission, not the WSC.

My kids learn the First Catechism in it's entirely, then 20 selected Q/A from the WSC. We study the WSC, but don't require them to memorize the whole thing. There are CDs for the WSC, though. 

Starr Meade's devotional, Training Hearts, Teaching Minds, is a study of the WSC with good application for families.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

We love these, but they are the First Catechism, a children's catechism published by Great Commission, not the WSC.

My kids learn the First Catechism in it's entirely, then 20 selected Q/A from the WSC. We study the WSC, but don't require them to memorize the whole thing. There are CDs for the WSC, though.

Starr Meade's devotional, Training Hearts, Teaching Minds, is a study of the WSC with good application for families.

I might buy starrs book. I want to go through the catechism at a slower pace than the book does, but could probably adapt it.

Starr Meade's devotional, Training Hearts, Teaching Minds, is a study of the WSC with good application for families.

Yes, I know. I failed to add that when I posted. Sorry about that.