Menu

Newport Aquarium- must sees or dos?

Joyofsixreboot

They are doing a special right now where two kids get in free with an adult ticket purchase, last year they let my third kid in free too. It's worth it if you aren't paying full price for everyone.

Have you been to other aquariums? Compared to other aquariums it isn't as nice, and it's kind of small, but if you haven't been to others you probably won't be disappointed. If you have preschoolers or toddler it's kind of pain to lift them to see the majority of the exhibits and they don't have step stools or anything for little ones. The touch pool is nice though and there is a playground my kids have enjoyed.

I was recently at the Chatanooga Aquarium which is much nicer so that is what I'm comparing it to, many people I know think Newport Aquarium is great.

They are doing a special right now where two kids get in free with an adult ticket purchase, last year they let my third kid in free too. It's worth it if you aren't paying full price for everyone.

Have you been to other aquariums? Compared to other aquariums it isn't as nice, and it's kind of small, but if you haven't been to others you probably won't be disappointed. If you have preschoolers or toddler it's kind of pain to lift them to see the majority of the exhibits and they don't have step stools or anything for little ones. The touch pool is nice though and there is a playground my kids have enjoyed.

I was recently at the Chatanooga Aquarium which is much nicer so that is what I'm comparing it to, many people I know think Newport Aquarium is great.

Thanks. We have done the Shedd in Chicago. I saw the deal for kids and decided it might get us out of the winter funk February always brings. I'm sur with enough application of ice cream and pizza my youngest 3 will still enjoy it.

Thanks. We have done the Shedd in Chicago. I saw the deal for kids and decided it might get us out of the winter funk February always brings. I'm sur with enough application of ice cream and pizza my youngest 3 will still enjoy it.

Ice cream makes everything better! They do have a cafe sort of in the middle of the exhibits and I think (double check) you can bring your own food if you want to take snacks. My then 7 and 5 year old did really enjoy Newport, I was just happy I didn't pay full price. I am sort of cheap when it comes to activities though.
  • Like 1

I agree that Newport is kind of small and pathetic compared to, say, the Shedd Aquarium, but it's nice for what it is. The penguins have been the big hit for my kids, along with the shark tunnel. I'm actually contemplating a visit on Monday when my kids are out for President's Day, but it will probably insanely crowded. There's really no need to plan to see specific things. It's small enough that you can easily see everything thoroughly in a few hours unless you have the kind of kid who will fixate on a particular tank and sit there and watch for hours or something.

• Like 2