Menu

If you have English Lessons Through Literature 4

Susie in MS

I noticed that this 500 page book comes in full size 8.5x11 OR 6x9. I have been considering this for next  year....not sure yet.....but was thinking the smaller one would not be so heavy. My only concern is does it lay open fairly well or would my dd and I be wrestling with it all of the time? If you have the smaller one what is your experience? 

ETA:

Just discovered the smaller size is actually about 200 pages longer than the larger size. 

Edited by Susie in MS

We have ELTL level 4 in the larger size. I also have several levels of RLTL that are in the smaller size, but those are only around 350 pages. They are very manageable to use, but if the smaller version is 700 pages, I'm not sure how manageable that would be.

I think it may also depend on whether or not you get the optional workbook. If you don't get that and your daughter needs to use the ELTL book for copywork instead of using the workbook, you may want to go with the larger size so it can lay flat.

All of the other levels of ELTL we have are downloads and we read them on the iPad.