Menu

Awesome opportunity for ds14

My ds's passion in life is anything automobile related. Seriously -- he's studied their history, can name most makes/models at a glance, has taught himself to do a basic brake job as well as other maintenance on my little old car... he plans to be a certified mechanic, specializing in custom rebuilds.

Anyhow, through family friends, he has the chance to spend one day a week this spring helping a guy rebuild a couple of cars, starting with a 1940 Ford pickup. He'll be doing this with his best buddy, who is just as much as much of a car nut. Ds is over the moon! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

I guess I could call this an internship, or shop class on his transcript?

• Like 8

Majorly cool! Kudos!!!

My youngest is going through a car phase right now--can you recommend any media that he might like? He is 8, but reading level is not a problem.

If you don't mind language, Top Gear. It's been son's favorite (and usually only) show since he was 5.

He's been a subscriber to Car and Driver and Motor Trend magazines for years. I have no idea if there's language; we don't really care.

Car Science by Richard Hammond was a favorite around that age.

• Like 1

Majorly cool! Kudos!!!

My youngest is going through a car phase right now--can you recommend any media that he might like? He is 8, but reading level is not a problem.

My son has read/watched:

Autoweek magazine

Top Gear (see below)

Early Days of Automobiles by Elizabeth Janeway (vintage Landmark series book, extremely good. We did it as a read-aloud for everyone)

Car: The Definitive Visual History of the Automobile

DK Eyewitness: Car

Luxury Cars and Classic Cars, coloring books from Dover Publications

Classic Cars: A Definitive Collection (series available on Amazon video)

My Classic Car (series available on Amazon video)

If you don't mind language, Top Gear. It's been son's favorite (and usually only) show since he was 5.

He's been a subscriber to Car and Driver and Motor Trend magazines for years. I have no idea if there's language; we don't really care.

Car Science by Richard Hammond was a favorite around that age.

Top Gear is a must-watch around here. Ds LOVES that show! And even I enjoy the challenge episodes!

Edited by momto2Cs
  • Like 2