Menu

Another blog post about PSAT cutoffs

Figured I'd start a new thread for this one.  Here are the early predictions from Test Masters regarding state cutoffs.  This will surely change once the concordance tables are finalized, but right now this appears to be the best estimate on the web.

http://collegeadmissions.testmasters.com/update-psat-scores-cut-national-merit-2016/

Edited by Proudpapa77
  • Like 1

I kind of think (hope) that we'll get more information when the printed report shows up at the end of January. In the past, they have included a section about how to read the scores. Also, we'll know more when the commended score is released in April.

I kind of think (hope) that we'll get more information when the printed report shows up at the end of January. In the past, they have included a section about how to read the scores. Also, we'll know more when the commended score is released in April.

A bit off-topic (sorry OP!), but I think I read on the College Board website that the online scores are replacing the printed report.  I'm not sure that's accurate, though.  :confused1:

A bit off-topic (sorry OP!), but I think I read on the College Board website that the online scores are replacing the printed report.  I'm not sure that's accurate, though.  :confused1:

They will still get a printed report at the end of January according to the College Board.

From the CB website:

Upcoming Dates
Jan29

Paper PSAT/NMSQT score reports arrive at school

In that monster PSAT thread on College Confidential post#3418 sheds more light on the scoring. The poster said that the guidance counselor received a report that lists the national percentiles for the SI, which is the score that matters for NM.

The poster said that having an SI score of 207 or greater places you in the 99% nationally. (The SI in the 99% may be lower than 207, but this school had a gap in scores between 207 and the next highest score in the 190s.)

Being in the 99% probably won't be enough for NM in the high performing states, especially CA, MD, MA, and NY, but it may be enough for the rest of the country.

• Like 4

Thanks snowbeltmom! I've been reading that thread but I've started getting a little OCD about it so I'm trying to let it go.....

However, I really like feeding my OCD with pertinent info from that thread here! lol

Also, the fact that the guidance counselor's have the SI percentiles seems to suggest we will all have them by the end of the month!

And, since we live in a middle of the road and not highest performing state, I think my son has a chance!  :hurray:

I am not sure if the SI percentiles are released to anyone other than the guidance counselors.  I know in prior years the guidance counselors were privy to more information than the general public.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody received their paper score reports yet?

We were unable to make an account for our 12YO (I suspect it's that dipstick no-kids-under-13-can-have-an-online-account-because-we-can't-let-parents-make-judgement-calls-rule) and are still waiting.  I just sent them email, but I don't think calling them on a Sunday will do much good. :/  The school where they took the test said they only received scores for their own students.

J