Menu

WTM Academy AoPS Algebra

So, youngest dd is asking to go back to AoPS after Geometry this year, but I am very skeptical that those fast-moving text-based online classes AoPS offers are the best way for her to go (and forget self-teaching, too much procrastination will happen, and again, needs more support).  But she does seem to like their format much better than traditional texts, and it's great seeing her excited about math again...  AoPS the way WTM Academy is offering it, with twice-weekly live classes and homework seems a much better fit...

BUT... she's already finished Intro to Algebra.  She really needs the next level, Intermediate Algebra, which it sounds like might be offered, but a year too late (the "Algebra II" they're offering in the fall is just the second half of the Intro Algebra text).

Just wondering if anyone else out there has a kid ready for AoPS Intermediate Algebra next fall, and if there were enough of us, might WTM Academy be persuaded to perhaps offer it???   We need a begging emoticon...

:bigear:

I was planning to take the WTMA Algebra 2 class next fall since we are about done with the first half of Intro and planning to do number theory and counting and probability during the meantime. I could just finish up Intro and proceed to Intermediate Algebra via WTMA.

It could be that WTMA just needs another math teacher. It's just a lot of work for one math teacher to handle, perhaps?

So, youngest dd is asking to go back to AoPS after Geometry this year, but I am very skeptical that those fast-moving text-based online classes AoPS offers are the best way for her to go (and forget self-teaching, too much procrastination will happen, and again, needs more support).  But she does seem to like their format much better than traditional texts, and it's great seeing her excited about math again...  AoPS the way WTM Academy is offering it, with twice-weekly live classes and homework seems a much better fit...

BUT... she's already finished Intro to Algebra.  She really needs the next level, Intermediate Algebra, which it sounds like might be offered, but a year too late (the "Algebra II" they're offering in the fall is just the second half of the Intro Algebra text).

Just wondering if anyone else out there has a kid ready for AoPS Intermediate Algebra next fall, and if there were enough of us, might WTM Academy be persuaded to perhaps offer it???   We need a begging emoticon...

:bigear:

We'll be hitting geometry in the fall, so I can't help you there.  But how about this:

please.gif

• Like 2