Menu

trapped animal in house pipe

wapiti

I don't expect anyone to know what to do LOL, but it's always possible that the Hive will have some thoughts on how to get this out.  I'm pretty sure the animal stuck in there is a rabbit due to the type of fur we can see outside near the vent opening.  It's been there since at least yesterday.

Pest control?

Edited by wapiti

Call the radon people if you don't want to mess with it yourself. You've got to get it out of there or it'll die and also stink and block up your system. 

Yes, you should be able to take apart the pipe to get it out (or cut the pipe and easily patch it), but you need to make sure it is all water-tight back together again in the end, so if you don't want to be responsible for that, call the radon people. Or, DIY now and call the radon people if you need help putting it back together. 

• Like 1

I'm not quite picturing it, but if you have an air compressor maybe try blowing it out from the opposite end (at least enough to dislodge it and maybe then it can get out on it's own)?

If you can get it from the opposite side, maybe an empty piece of water hose, maybe you can give it a bit of a shove to get it out?

There are companies that specialize in vermin and critter removal, so if you can't get the radon people out on short notice, they should be able to help.   We had a rat problem a few years' back and I was surprised at how much business the "verminator" people do - which included removal of live animals that you wouldn't necessarily want to exterminate.   They'd probably be able to help you with equipment to prevent this from happening again.