Menu

Bible road trip?

beth83

:lurk5:

Following. I'm planning on starting with my girls after Christmas. I printed out the first 5 weeks, so I'm going to use that and then determine if I like it and want to continue or tweak it. Would love to hear others' experiences!

I'm planning on starting in January with my two girls, as well!

Yes, I do hope someone has a review. If not, hopefully one of us will have something to say about it soon!

We've just started and so far, we love it! I have a 10 year old boy, a 7 year old girl and a 4 year old boy and so use 3 different levels. I've got the note booking pages for the upper 2 but there aren't any for the preschool age. My 4 year old is a bit advanced for his age and he's been a bit disappointed that there isn't any "extras" for him. This week, I have just googled colouring pages to go along with the week's topic but I'm going to take another look at my 7 year olds note booking pages and see if they would work for him just to make him feel like he has more. 

I've got all the recommended books except for the preschool bible, we have a few and they work. 

In case you don't know, she is updating the curriculum in Jan to reflect new books because one of the publishers has gone out of business and it's difficult to find some of them now. If you send her an email with your paypal address, she will send out the updated copies if you choose to do so. xx

• Like 1

We've just started and so far, we love it! I have a 10 year old boy, a 7 year old girl and a 4 year old boy and so use 3 different levels. I've got the note booking pages for the upper 2 but there aren't any for the preschool age. My 4 year old is a bit advanced for his age and he's been a bit disappointed that there isn't any "extras" for him. This week, I have just googled colouring pages to go along with the week's topic but I'm going to take another look at my 7 year olds note booking pages and see if they would work for him just to make him feel like he has more. 

I've got all the recommended books except for the preschool bible, we have a few and they work. 

In case you don't know, she is updating the curriculum in Jan to reflect new books because one of the publishers has gone out of business and it's difficult to find some of them now. If you send her an email with your paypal address, she will send out the updated copies if you choose to do so. xx

Good to hear that you are liking it!

What books are you using? I'm really wondering about the suggested resources for lower elementary. The curriculum lists books which are mostly out of print, and the FAQs list a different resources -- 66 Books, One Story instead of What the Bible is All About. I went ahead and purchased 66 Books, One Story plus Window on the World....I hope those are the ones she's using to revise the curriculum.

For right now, I'm just printing on my own week by week because we are just going to try it for awhile and see how we like it...and it's free. :)

Good to hear that you are liking it!

What books are you using? I'm really wondering about the suggested resources for lower elementary. The curriculum lists books which are mostly out of print, and the FAQs list a different resources -- 66 Books, One Story instead of What the Bible is All About. I went ahead and purchased 66 Books, One Story plus Window on the World....I hope those are the ones she's using to revise the curriculum.

For right now, I'm just printing on my own week by week because we are just going to try it for awhile and see how we like it...and it's free. :)

We bought the required books except for the bible outlines map book, very difficult to find that one here in the UK. We are using the Rose Book of bible charts and maps, although we haven't come across this yet in our Road Trip. 

I may get the 66 Books, One Story as it looks really good. Window on the World is a great book and still used in the new curriculum but even if it wasn't, it's still a great book to have. 

I managed to get all 3 years on sale and then went through each week and printed off the note booking pages and bound them together from her blog for the first year. 

I attached a picture from the first week. 

post-82323-0-41305100-1450530327_thumb.jpg