Menu

Were any WTMers at the Philadelphia Museum of Art over Thanksgiving?

Alessandra

I am asking because I saw a wonderful family sitting on the floor in the Arms & Armor collection, sketching. A young elementary age boy had a remarkable, accurate, detailed drawing of a standing knigh's armor. It was not just that there was artistic talent, but the kids also looked as though they were familiar with the subject matter.

I came so close to asking if they homeschooled and if they knew about WTM. But that seemed invasive, so I didnt. Now I am still wondering.

Anyone?

I am asking because I saw a wonderful family sitting on the floor in the Arms & Armor collection, sketching. A young elementary age boy had a remarkable, accurate, detailed drawing of a standing knigh's armor. It was not just that there was artistic talent, but the kids also looked as though they were familiar with the subject matter.

I came so close to asking if they homeschooled and if they knew about WTM. But that seemed invasive, so I didnt. Now I am still wondering.

Anyone?

:lol: It's so funny how we identify one another in public, like there's a secret handshake or something! We were in DC last year for one of the girls' birthdays, and we went to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. We were waiting in line to get into the butterfly vivarium when the family in front of us all pulled out their sketchbooks, and the kids settled down on the floor to start drawing. I nudged DH, and I was so tempted to ask too, but I thought maybe that was weird. Once we were in the vivarium, though, I overheard some of them talking with members of another family they were with, and sure enough, they were homeschoolers! 

I had one woman ID me in the library. She said that she could tell just by the way I was interacting with my DDs (who were probably 4 and 7 at the time)!

Edited by ILiveInFlipFlops
  • Like 1