Menu

Turkey recipes...

Mama Geek

I brine mine, always, and the Apple and Spices brine from WIlliams Sonoma is the best one I have tried.... I brine in a 5 gallon bucket for about 30 hours. I stuff an apple, onion, and fresh sage in the cavity for aromatics. Roast breast side down- when the turkey is done cooking, let it rest for about 45 minutes, covered in foil, to let the juices settle- and they will settle in the breast area, because the bird is upside down.

Best. Turkey. Ever. Even the leftovers are moist and delicious when reheated :) Also makes the best gravy....

No one can touch me in the turkey department, I am Turkey Queen, hear me roar....

• Like 4

I would spatchcock them. It's faster, so no need to brine since it won't dry out. Seriously, it's two hours from sticking it in the oven until carving. This includes a 20 minute rest time. You pretty much cut out the backbone and flatten the bird like this: http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/11/how-to-spatchcock-cook-turkey-thanksgiving-fast-easy-way-spatchcocked-slideshow.html

I'd probably cook them one at a time and only reheat the first one if it looks like the second one is going to be all eaten. If you know both will be eaten, just warm the first bird while the second rests. OR do your research and find a time/temp that works for two birds at once. They would certainly fit this way.

Edited by KungFuPanda

I always go simple.  I mix a stick of butter with sage, garlic, sea salt and rosemary.  I then stuff that mixture UNDER the skin, and then rub the outside with whatever small amount is leftover.  I don't stuff it.  I roast it tightly covered with foil until almost done...only taking it off at the end long enough to brown the skin.  Only cook it until it just reaches the safety temperature, then take it out and let it sit with foil over the top.  My turkey always comes out tender and juicy when I cook it this way, and gets completely devoured.