Menu

Does anyone shop at Jet.com?

ILiveInFlipFlops

I found a REALLY good deal on a Christmas gift there, and I want to go for it, but in looking for reviews, I found a whole bunch of negative ones and not too many good ones. That could just be the nature of online reviews (people with complaints are more likely to speak up), but now I'm afraid to jump on this deal, have it go sour, and because I was waiting on Jet, potentially lose a "not quite as good but still better than most" deal that I found at Walmart.

Are most people getting what they ordered in a reasonably timely manner? I mean, I have plenty of time to wait for shipping, but I don't have time for them to drag the whole thing out and then cancel my order, like many of the reviewers were complaining about. 

Thanks!

I have been shopping with Jet since the first week they went live. According to my profile, I have saved over $300 since I started shopping with them, so you can imagine how much I must have spent in order to save that much. (I am a prolific online shopper). I have never had an order cancelled, and all of my items have been well packed and received promptly. I ordered all of my Hanukkah gifts for the kids the other day, and many of the items are already here. And Hanukkah is several weeks before Christmas this year. 

• Like 2

My only experience with jet was purchasing a toy for my son's birthday. What we purchased was a name brand toy. What arrived was a Chinese knockoff that he had to assemble! I went back online and double checked the toy they had for sale and they were using the trademark name and showing a picture of the brand name toy. When I contacted Jet, they apologized and said that's not consistent with the experience they want their customers to have and that we had 30 days to return the item. All fine and good but the knockoff toy is still for sale on their website.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I did go ahead and buy the gift--it was a Nintendo 3DS XL. I've since discovered why it was so inexpensive (it's not this year's model--I didn't know a newer model had come out recently), but it's OK because it was still a terrific deal, and the older model still gets great reviews. DD has been asking for one for two years, so it's the model she would have gotten for her birthday last year anyway!

They don't tell you which seller is shipping your item until after you purchase. Once the order came through, I was able to see the third-party retailer's name, and I looked them up on Newegg and Amazon. They have good ratings through both, and the DS shipped yesterday, according to them, so I'm very hopeful. Everything else (spices, laundry detergent, Dr. Bronner's soap) is shipping directly from Jet, apparently, so we'll see how that goes too. I'll be sure to report back in case anyone else is looking for this info too. 

I just got off the phone with jet. I want to order this toy for dd that is overpriced on Amazon and still quite high on other sites, but if I order now I don't know if it will arrive before or after I leave town for the holiday (they don't know either since it's "2-5 days" plus the day for processing). You cannot send it to PO Boxes or I would just do that. That's definitely a downside to Jet for me. The Jet representative said that the codes are usually good at least a month so I'm hoping I can use the $15 off code when I come back. If not they may be able to find me another code. She said they send codes in emails. I had found mine on retailmenot.com.

That's awful people had canceled orders. I wonder if that's rare.

I have a $15 off your first purchase code that I can send you. I'll check the expiration (if there is one) when I get home and let you know, but it just came in the mail the other day. There's also a 20% off code at the moment (20now), if that makes a difference to you. It's what put the HUGE dent in the price of the game for me. Otherwise I could have just bought it at Walmart for the same price. 

My only experience with jet was purchasing a toy for my son's birthday. What we purchased was a name brand toy. What arrived was a Chinese knockoff that he had to assemble! I went back online and double checked the toy they had for sale and they were using the trademark name and showing a picture of the brand name toy. When I contacted Jet, they apologized and said that's not consistent with the experience they want their customers to have and that we had 30 days to return the item. All fine and good but the knockoff toy is still for sale on their website.

Yeah, that's one thing I don't like. Like I said above, they don't tell you where they're getting your item from until AFTER you purchase, so there's no way to check their reputation anywhere. We all know how unreliable third-party sellers can be, so if you're buying an item that comes from a third-party, you could be in trouble. They probably still have the item on their site because other sellers sell it. You just got stuck with a third-party seller that was a scam artist  :glare: That really stinks. 

• Like 1

I thought I'd update to say that the 3DS arrived today--even before anything in the part of the order that actually shipped from Jet.com did! It's new and looks like it's in great shape overall. So far, so good! Hopefully all the spices and laundry detergent I also ordered will arrive as uneventfully :D So I'm happy to be able to report a positive experience in case anyone else is wondering.

I said if I order it now, when is the latest it will arrive? How long does processing take? She told me the date range in which it would arrive and I said that I better not order yet or it could be sitting in front of my house when I'm out of town (and I can't send it to the PO).

My orders shipped via Fedex and UPS, and I know both allow you to put a hold on a delivery if you're not going to be home. Maybe that would be an option? (And it turned out my code was only $10 off anyway!). 

• 2 weeks later...

I had never thought of that, but the mail is weird here so I'm scared to try lol. I had the stuff sitting in my cart and I placed the order when I came back to town. The code still worked! It doesn't show in my order history but I think it was SAVE15NOW if anyone wants to try it.

I hope it's not a knock off. I have no idea of the shipping details yet.

That's great! I hope it works out. Did you just order it? You should be able to look in your order history and see who the shipper or seller is. If it's not Jet.com, you may be able to google the seller and see if they have reviews. I was able to do that after I ordered my big-ticket item and could see they had 99% positive reviews at several sites. It all worked out very well.

I forgot to update and say that everything that shipped (the 3DS from a third-party seller and all the spices and household goods from Jet directly) came quickly and according to the promised/tracking info, was packaged well, and was all fresh and clean. So you can add my experience to the positive ones!

Thanks again, everyone.