Menu

Facebook not compatible with Samsung Galaxy S6 Active?

Miss Marple

I've been having trouble with FB for a couple of days.  I've deleted it and re-installed it.  The latest "message" I get when going to install is "Your device isn't compatible with this version".  However I can't find another version to download.  On the FB app site, there are a lot of S6 Active folks complaining of the same problem.  Is there something we need to do on our device to make it compatible?  I've Googled and can't seem to find an answer.

Are you getting it from Google Play?  I'm trying to remember what my dh did when an app said that on his S5.  It may be the app's issue, if it is, you can't do anything.  

Do make sure that there are no system updates.  That can be an issue.  

My S6 (not the active) has had music playback issues. I think they finally have it fixed.  It so annoyed me, that I'm thinking next time I may go with Apple.  I loved my S3, but neither the S5 or S6 have impressed me. :( 

I hope you are able to resolve it. 

My S6 (not the active) has had music playback issues. I think they finally have it fixed.  It so annoyed me, that I'm thinking next time I may go with Apple.  I loved my S3, but neither the S5 or S6 have impressed me. :(

i have a Galaxy S4 and absolutely love it. However, the main reason I chose it over other android based phones is because the the ability to add a memory card and change the battery. Both of those options went away starting with the S6. While I won't be going back to Apple (I had several iPhones before), I probably won't stick with Samsung when I upgrade. Since they decided to remove what I thought was a competitive edge, their competitors now deserve a closer look from me.

Are you getting it from Google Play?  I'm trying to remember what my dh did when an app said that on his S5.  It may be the app's issue, if it is, you can't do anything.  

Do make sure that there are no system updates.  That can be an issue.  

I hope you are able to resolve it. 

Yes, FB did have an recent update.  It seems, from all the other S6 Active users, that the problem occurred after that.  I've had the phone for about  a month now and only just started having the problem a couple days ago.  Weird.

Other than that, I love this phone.  The S6 is a totally different phone from the Active from what the Samsung folks have told me.

After you uninstalled did you clear the cache and the data and all that fun stuff? That can help if things are being glitchy.

Yes.  I re-installed several times, but the last few times I've tried to get the app, the Play Store tells me that the app isn't compatible with my device.  But I can't find another app that is compatible.  From what I'm reading it seems that there are a lot of the S6 Actives having the same problem.  I guess I'll just open in the browser and wait for a fix.