Menu

Talk to me about GoldieBlox

Rockhopper

We LOVE Goldieblox!!! Some sets might be a bit young for a 9yo (the dunk tank) but there are others that I'm sure she'd love.

The one thing to be aware of is that they improved the design (and sent customers free upgraded blox) sometime in the last year or so. I'd stick with buying directly from Goldieblox or at least Goldieblox via Amazon to make sure you don't get the old style. Avoid any and all 3rd party vendors.

We loved the zoetrope, but there aren't a whole lot of blox in that set for other creative building. That said, we have made hundreds of our own movies with it.

They have a new starter blox set now that might be a really good choice too.

We LOVE Goldieblox!!! Some sets might be a bit young for a 9yo (the dunk tank) but there are others that I'm sure she'd love.

The one thing to be aware of is that they improved the design (and sent customers free upgraded blox) sometime in the last year or so. I'd stick with buying directly from Goldieblox or at least Goldieblox via Amazon to make sure you don't get the old style. Avoid any and all 3rd party vendors.

We loved the zoetrope, but there aren't a whole lot of blox in that set for other creative building. That said, we have made hundreds of our own movies with it.

They have a new starter blox set now that might be a really good choice too.

Oh, thank you so much! Those negative reviews about quality did have me worried, so knowing that they've upgraded is very reassuring, and thanks for the warning about third-party vendors. (I've been burned by them before on a Christmas gift -- a doll, years ago, which turned out to be a second, but I might've forgotten without your post.)

I'm shopping for my niece, and this just seems so right for her.

Dd has GoldieBlox and the Spinning Machine, and it's okay. It's fun to go through the book and make the set initially, but once you've done that a few times it gets kind of boring. The GoldieBlox sets aren't as versatile as some other kinds of building toys, imo. They look like they'd be fun, but once you actually start building there's not a whole lot you can do. Dd has spent much more time playing with her tinker toys and legos than she has the GoldieBlox. I'm basing that on just the one set though, so maybe the newer sets let you do more.

• Like 2