Menu

FYI: National University Virtual High School

stumbled on National University Virtual High School (NUVHS) while googling a specific advanced Precalc topic

I don't remember it being discussed here.

http://www.nuvhs.org/Admissions/FAQ.html

"Tuition ranges from $295 to $375 per course depending on the format.  for a 16 week semester

All NUVHS courses are equivalent to a semester-length high school class but can be completed in an accelerated format.

"

price seems to include ebook format text

• Like 3

"Tuition ranges from $295 to $375 per course depending on the format.  for a 16 week semester"

Not cheap, but if one doesn't need to purchase traditional textbooks, that should be taken into consideration.

I clicked on the link and quickly ready much of that web page. It looks like it could have advantages for some students in California who are interested in applying to  UC schools.

I have come across several on-line high schools with very reasonable rates.

I don't think we will go that route because the regs in NY are stupid and NY state schools would not recognize the diploma anyway.  Even if the school is fully accredited. 

So we plan to do some at home and some CC courses.  I also found a CC in NY that offers $55 per credit for high school students.  They aren't within a reasonable distance for us, but they include their on-line courses in that offer.  The only stipulation is that if you drop the course you are on the hook for the regular full price charged.  Otherwise, that's quite an awesome deal. 

• Like 1

I have come across several on-line high schools with very reasonable rates.

I don't think we will go that route because the regs in NY are stupid and NY state schools would not recognize the diploma anyway.  Even if the school is fully accredited. 

So we plan to do some at home and some CC courses.  I also found a CC in NY that offers $55 per credit for high school students.  They aren't within a reasonable distance for us, but they include their on-line courses in that offer.  The only stipulation is that if you drop the course you are on the hook for the regular full price charged.  Otherwise, that's quite an awesome deal. 

• Like 2