Menu

Anyone used dinolingo for Japanese (or any langauge)?

My husband and I (and a bunch of his coworkers) used duo lingo for our one year in Italy. We all loved it. It has great review so that as you learn new things, you also go back to review the stuff you already learned. Of course, it helped talking to each other in Italian. But I highly recommend duo lingo. We didn't pay for it. I'm not sure I knew there was an online subscription.

I'm competitive and was always trying to get further ahead of my husband. You can track other people and race along that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dino lingo is not the same as Duo Lingo. I only did the free lesson with Dino Lingo but it is much much more basic and geared to (in my opinion) very young children, while Duo Lingo is not. But Duo Lingo does not teach Japanese at least the last time I checked.

Absolutely agree. Honestly, I would suggest the 3-6 year old group as the best target. It is primarily vocabulary.

You could use it for slightly older kids if you just planned to quickly move through the vocab before moving on...

ETA: I should have originally mentioned that I have the discs for my dd5:) she watched them beginning at age 3 for Spanish...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely agree. Honestly, I would suggest the 3-6 year old group as the best target. It is primarily vocabulary.

You could use it for slightly older kids if you just planned to quickly move through the vocab before moving on...

ETA: I should have originally mentioned that I have the discs for my dd5:) she watched them beginning at age 3 for Spanish...

I have an almost 8 year old who is interested in Japanese. Is it only nouns, or phrases as well? The yearly subscription is $99 but the number of units is so limited, so this is confusing.

I have an almost 8 year old who is interested in Japanese. Is it only nouns, or phrases as well? The yearly subscription is $99 but the number of units is so limited, so this is confusing.

Honestly? As much as I like Dinolingo, I can't recommend it for a 9 year old, except maybe as an expensive vocab supplement. They do speak phrases, but only the words are shown written out.

I would, however, highly recommend the FREE Japanese lessons put together by Georgia Public Broadcasting! They have units to follow, as well as vocabulary. It is called Irasshai.

http://www.gpb.org/irasshai/japanese-i

• Like 3

Honestly? As much as I like Dinolingo, I can't recommend it for a 9 year old, except maybe as an expensive vocab supplement. They do speak phrases, but only the words are shown written out.

I would, however, highly recommend the FREE Japanese lessons put together by Georgia Public Broadcasting! They have units to follow, as well as vocabulary. It is called Irasshai.

http://www.gpb.org/irasshai/japanese-i

Thanks! I've done several lessons of Irasshai with DS when he was 9...DD is 7.5. I think she's too young for Irasshai, but we can try.

Have you seen this on youtube?

Done by the cutest homeschooled kid! Unfortunately my kids don't like anime. They like origami, sushi, and martial arts (lol) and want to learn some Japanese.