Menu

Like Lemonade Stand or The Allowance Game but Android App?

sweetpea3829

You were hoping to hear of one, too?  LOL!  I'm shocked that there doesn't seem to be anything like this!

I played The Allowance Game (Board game) with my eldest two today and its just such a great way to practice adding and subtracting money, making change, etc.  

We even included the younger two by having them mentally add and subtract the numbers thrown on the two dice.  (I used two for this purpose).  

But I would LOVE to find some kind of Android app that has similar goals and is engaging.  There are some apps that do practice adding and subtracting money, but they are boring and lower grade level.  

And the older Lemonade Stand computer game?  It was such a great game!  But I can't find it in app form anywhere!  I found some kind of investing lemonade stand app on Google Play but it was totally not what I was looking for, lol.  

It is times like this that I wish had some kind of game developing abilities.  This isn't the first time I've wished for an app that doesn't exist but should.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried Storest
It's a two part app, so not sure if it's what you'd want. I like it because it blends games with real-life. 

Part 1 is like you mentioned above - they go grocery shopping and determine if they have enough money and figure out the best way to pay. 
Part 2 is fun because you can print out the pictures and QR codes, then have the kids shop in real life, using the cash register feature, pay with "real" money. 

• Like 1