Menu

I started the 21 Day Fix today (the exercise, I started the diet last week)...

Joanne

I am beyond sore.

I wrote a review on my FB:

My review of the 21 Day Fix - : Total Cardio Fix .... First some context. I am a severely overweight nearly 50 year old and my body was further impacted (bad pun) 2 years ago with motor vehicle accident trauma. There was a time, between babies 2 and 3 (now 20 and nearly 19) where I was very fit and worked out daily. So, the review. No one annoying, no annoying music. I was able to keep moving the entire time but unable to complete every segment with the (even modified) moves. However, I was able to complete some. The modification person was great. She didn't make me feel like when magazines use a size 12 to model plus size clothes. I am not a fitness expert, but I think it would be difficult to produce a program that is able to assist the range of morbidly obese to very fit people. I think this program does, but I am not on the fit side to say. I found some of the nuances of the moves elusive but Autumn explains the form and I think I will catch on. I like the 2 minute segments with 20 second breaks. I am cautiously looking forward to tomorrow's program.

• Like 10

Never done it but yay for working out again! I too used to be very fit and worked out daily. But during pregnancy 3 I stopped working out and haven't been able to find my groove back into it. That was almost 3 years ago. Past Friday I started doing kung fu again and after the 45 minute class every muscle in my arms and legs ached until Monday. I took class again today and they don't ache! On Monday I start back up with my cardio kickboxing class.

Good luck on your fitness journey

Great job! I am in week 3 and loving it. I kind of hate working out and these don't drive me crazy at all. The second day I did it I had trouble sitting on the toilet! It was pretty comical. But it is a tiny bit easier now and I really love writing out a meal plan each week.

Just a tip-buy the really big bag of epson salts and try to soak in the tub for fifteen minutes. That has cut down on my discomfort a little.

Please keep us updated with how this program goes for you! We sold an elliptical machine that we knew we wouldn't have room for in our new house (and that I rarely used anyway, because the only place to put it was in the room beside my daughter's and the only time to use it was while she was asleep), so we have the budget for some fitness aids. I'm trying to decide how to spend it. I'm obese but determined to make a change ...

One question--do the workouts require anything other than the video? I assume the yoga one requires a mat, but are hand weights, steps, or anything else needed for any of the workouts?

I am doing this program, too, and loving it! It does require a yoga mat as well as a resistance band and/or a set of light weights and a set of heavy weights. I am using some kettlebells I happen to have plus two resistance bands.

I have about 20 lbs to lose but am bored to tears with the gym. This is working for me now!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I started this last week. Years ago I did The Firm, then lots of Biggest Loser, Bob and Jillian videos, etc. So I am not new to exercise but I am now very out of shape and about 30 lbs overweight.

I did the first two videos last week and then was so sore I couldn't continue. I could barely make it up the stairs so there was no way I could do the lower body one. So I gave up and started over this week. Soreness is far less and I just did the lower body fix. I cannot believe the difference in soreness this second time through so do not give up. It gets better!

I also have found the videos to be some of the least annoying. The moves are hard but not complicated and the girl doing the modified exercises is really good. She is obviously strong even though not thin. At my age and difficulty losing weight I keep telling myself that being strong is a good payoff even if I am never thin again.

I have done well with the eating plan when I have the right groceries in the house. I have stuck with that even when I was too sore to continue the exercise.

I have not lost weight in the week or so that I have been attempting to get in the groove with this. BUT it is the first stretch of time in a while that I have not gained. So I am calling that a win. My expectations are definitely changing as I get older. If I can become stronger and slow the creeping pounds that will be good.

Please keep us updated with how this program goes for you! We sold an elliptical machine that we knew we wouldn't have room for in our new house (and that I rarely used anyway, because the only place to put it was in the room beside my daughter's and the only time to use it was while she was asleep), so we have the budget for some fitness aids. I'm trying to decide how to spend it. I'm obese but determined to make a change ...

One question--do the workouts require anything other than the video? I assume the yoga one requires a mat, but are hand weights, steps, or anything else needed for any of the workouts?

You neef a few weights as well as the mat. You can get a free month of Beach Body on demand and play with the different videos before sinking money into a program or equipment. Here's a good review of the program.

• Like 1

You neef a few weights as well as the mat. You can get a free month of Beach Body on demand and play with the different videos before sinking money into a program or equipment. Here's a good review of the program.

Thank you--that review was very helpful! I may try the free month on demand if it's still available in a few weeks once our stuff arrives (in the middle of an international move; our stuff is still a couple of countries away), including my yoga mat and our weight set.