Menu

Short Term Rental Needed -- Space Coast, FL

Sweetpeach

Hello WTM Board:  I haven't been here in what seems like forever . . . my big kids moved on to part-time high-school, which is almost in our backyard.  When I found out it was an AP school, I sent them along on their merry way.  Oldest has his first AP exam under his belt (AP Cal A - big thanks for the Derek Owens recommendations that I found here a long time ago - helped him score a 5 without feeling big stress) and is doing AP Physics A & B concurrently this year.  Middle is doing chem in preparation for AP Chem next year and AP Physics A this year.  We are a family in transition!

All that said, I am desperately looking for a short term, 3 BR rental from Feb 23 - April 5, 2016, somewhere near Melbourne, Indian Harbour, Satellite Beach.  I know it's a very. long. shot. that anybody here might be able to help, but desperation forces you to look under every rock.  Our big boys paddle out of Oars & Paddles Park on Banana River Drive.  Two years ago, I chaperoned a group of kids and we are having a most difficult time with sourcing accommodations.

Thanks in advance!

Tricia

Sweetpeach

with my big littles -- Matt almost 17, Dawson 15 and Jana 12

Yes, I've looked at VRBO - the only options that remain vacant are the $800 nightly situations -- that is way out of our price range.  I wondered if anyone here might have connections in that area, a time-share, a vacation home that they generally don't rent out but might in certain situations, or possibly know of a vacant college-type dorm, or a basement in a church with kitchen facilities.  At this point, I think we'd take just about anything.

Check out airbnb.com -- I think they offer a wider variety of types of accommodations than vrbo.com.  We have an airbnb unit and it's just a studio off the side of a house and it's going great guns. 

For everyone's sake, if you're staying longer than 29 days, you'll want to try and put even a day's break in there if you can (for legal reasons). 

I think I may have found one spot . . . it has a verbal contract and they are giving the other party 24 hours to come up with the 50% deposit.   Keeping my fingers crossed.  Don't think I could do six weeks with high-performance paddlers in a cabin or RV.  Maybe if it were just me and my children but it will be a chaperone and six paddlers and food prep becomes really important.