Menu

DD and her biology class

momofkhm

A week before we took Campbell girl to school, they changed her classes - after I had ordered her books!  They finally decided that yes, the bio 101 she took at the CC was good enough and put her in the anatomy class. (200 level bio class)   

It's a night class and met for the first time last night.  She called while walking back to the dorm.  The whole class was jr and sr.  She is intimidated.  Can she switch back? Yes, switch back, we're fine with that.  What about the books?  (I had just dropped the bio 101 rental off yesterday!)    Yes, go to the bookstore, trade your books.  But I already opened them.  At orientation, they said they would take books back with full refund if you drop a class.  So all seemed good.  She will email advisor about switching, talk to an RA so she knows how to do it.  It sounds like there is ONE day of drop/add.  Today from 3-5 pm.  And she has a class 3-4!  (It's the add part.  You can drop a class later.)

Ten minutes later I get this series of texts:

Girl

Actually, I think I will stay in anatomy. The only reason I am worried is because it’s all upperclassmen, not because I actually think I can’t handle the class. 

mom:

Good for you! 

girl:

Because I’m looking at the books now and I totally know this stuff

dad:

Awesome, girlfriend!

You got dis!

girl:

I so got dis

I mean come on man

I had Miss G

I sent an email to Miss G.  Made her day as well.   :001_smile:

(Any high school moms looking at this, Miss G used Apologia for anatomy in high school.)

• Like 10

Good for her :) I was in her shoes  way back, my first semester in college. The school required a foreign language (three semesters) and since I'd had French in high school, I had to take a placement test. Thanks to two excellent teachers, I placed out of all the required stuff. The only class I could take that semester was French Literature - the older works. I got to class to find there were only seven of us - me and 6 senior French majors :)  I was seriously questioning my presence there too, but I did fine.  She will too :)

• Like 3